Electronics engineer to an innovative team in Ängelholm
Are you looking for an exciting position in electronics with a lot of flexibility and good opportunities for professional development? Do you have business acumen and want to be a part of our exciting journey? Then we want to hear from you! Apply for this position at VPG today.
Vertical Positioning Group (VPG) consists of three leading brands (Marco, Hymo, Jihab). In 2016, VPG was acquired by Southworth International Group Incorporated (SIGI). The group is the world’s largest manufacturer of ergonomic material handling equipment for vertical lifting and working positioning, designed to improve workers’ productivity while reducing the risk of occupational injuries.
We are looking for a driven engineer with less focus on your occupational or educational background. Naturally, it is a great advantage to have experience with electronics or hydraulics, but if you are technically inclined with educational or practical experience within engineering, you will be in an environment where you feel right at home and can develop your skills further.
We offer you a stimulating and varied position where you would become part of a winning team. We believe in collaboration, sharing ideas with each other and having fun together every day! With us, you are offered a developing role where your ambition and great relationship-building qualities are highly valued.
Traits that are of interest:
• Driven and self-reliant when needed
• Interested in technology
• Service minded
• Team player
• Comfortable in both Swedish and English – Speaking, reading and writing
• Adequate computer skills (Office suite, Windows/Mac, general comfortability)
• Educational or Practical background within engineering or electrical assembly
• Electronics-oriented engineering education such as bachelor or YH
• Experience with assembly or installation of electronics and/or hydraulics
Depending on who you are, there is an opportunity to create a role equivalent to a trainee position where you would work in the office and assembly in parallel. The goal would then be to create a deeper understanding of the manufacturing process and required skills. You would have a mentor and collect practical experience from working together in production. You would also have the great advantage of having the entire process from raw material to finished product right there and be able to get familiarized with the expected results and what is required to achieve it.
To begin with, main tasks would be:
• Hardware selection / Structure management
– Select components based on customer selection
– Register and create new articles
– Select and adjust electrical and hydraulic schematics according to customer selection
– Create assembly instructions
– Technical customer support, handle customer matters and help customers troubleshoot to determine which replacement components may be needed
– Production support, troubleshooting, gathering information and making simpler calculations
– Support more experienced colleagues in development projects
Over time you would have good opportunities for professional development such as:
• PLC programming
– Customer-specific functions
• Product development projects
– Everything from new hydraulic solutions to IoT related solutions such as live streaming of data to the cloud or operation-based control of maintenance products
• Process development projects
– To help improve internal processes, mostly within the electronics / hydraulic design group, but could involve other teams and/or projects
For more information about the position, contact hiring manager Alexander via 0431-44 95 37 or Alexander.Stensson@VPGAB.com. Hurry up to apply because the position will be closed as soon as we find the right person.